View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 04:12 AM   #4
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
We went to Alaska in 2016. We took the Alaska Highway going up and the Cassiar highway coming back. Along the Cassiar highway we stopped at Mountain Shadow campground and found it to be very nice.

In Seward BC/Hyder Alaska, you can see the bears catching salmon. Unfortunately, we were about two weeks too early to see that. So you have to time that one carefully.

I found Whittier, Alaska (about an hour out of Anchorage) to be a very interesting place. I wish I had researched the place before going there, I would have looked at a few more things there and I would have seen the place in a different light.

We are planning to go back next year, this time with another couple. We did not go to Homer last time and plan to do that next time.

Dawson City, Yukon is a fascinating place. If you go on the Top of the World highway, take it in an easterly rather than westerly direction. There will be a shorter line at the ferry.

That's all I can think of right now. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote