View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #10
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jfaberna

I've read some about the backup cameras, but it sounds like you have more than that. I figure if I buy a camera to help backing, I might want to add some extra features for security, for when it's stored and when I'm camping but away from the site.

Ideas?
We invested on a "rearviewsafety" system and DVR. It gives you live back up video / audio and in our case. "Hitch Video"! We are adding front camera Monday. I will post links to my install photos. We recently put in a "Drop Cam" to watch our dogs inside RV while we are away. This camera sends video and motion alerts to your cell phone. We can talk and hear "two way"! The delay is about 4 sec. You must have good WIFI or like us a "Hot Spot"! It works great and gives us peace of mind. It's on 24/7 while stored. You can access video feed via any smart phone. Just need to turn it off at night. Our kids have caught me in my underwear more than once( not a pretty sight ")! Cost about $125.00. Easy set up and portable. Can even use it outside if you have a 110 outlet! Look up Drop Cam on Amazon, I wrote a review. I do know the video stickers on RV had foiled one break in so far. It was caught on storage facility video. The thieves read labels, saw camera and went to next rig.

http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/Ar...20Installation
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote