View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 11:30 PM   #11
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

As far as the information about Wix making the OEM filter it came from a company that has now been merged with Advance Auto parts. They have closed all of the stores but I would think that Advance would have the same information if you can now find anyone working there that would understand what you are asking.

As for the JD that was an observation. I had resealed the filter housing on the 2005 Duramax and then worked on a hydraulic problem on the tractor when I compared the 2 filters. The only apparent difference was the outer shell was plastic on the tractor filter. I did not open either filter to see if there was a difference inside and I did not try to fit the Duramax filter to the tractor. I would never use the tractor filter on the Duramax. There are 2 reasons for this one is I wouldn’t know if the filter element would be correct and the Duramax filter is close to the exhaust manifold the tractor filter was on the opposite side from the exhaust manifold I would be concerned about heat on the plastic outer case.

Phil P

PS:

I don’t do my own service on my truck because I have a insurance policy that covers failures like the injection high pressure pump that cost $6,000 to repair and they require all work on the systems they cover to be done by ASE certified technicians. While I have certifications from the federal government down to the manufacturer of similar equipment they don’t comply with the terms of the policy.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote