View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 04:27 AM   #12
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
If you are using the dish network system this is the hookup I used. It allows me to use my 625 receiver just like I did in the stick house.

Satellite hookup pictures: http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...lite%20Hookup/

You use duplex connectors not splitters this allows the two signals to be brought together then separated once you run them inside the Monty.

First you connect the two coaxes from the antenna to a duplexer then run the single coaxes into the Monty.
Next you run a single coax out at the entertainment center and use a duplexer to split it one going to the receiver the other going to the bottom of the connector where the jumper cable is.

This system allows you to have separate satellite channel selection in the bedroom. It also allows you to run the outside TV connection in the basement (on the newer 2007's) as a slave to the bedroom.

Unfortunately I am changing to Direct this week and will have to redo my system. Once I figure out how I am going to set it up I will post more pictures of it.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote