View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 06:55 AM   #92
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickandMarga View Post
I am looking at the same truck you purchased. Is yours a diesel? I ordered a 2500, but after reading everything about weight, I canceled the order. Looking at the 3500 now. We have a 2020 Montana 3741fk which weighs 13,800 dry. How does your AT4 handle pulling?
You didn't indicate SRW or DRW.

We have the same 5er, and have a 2020 Chevy SRW 3500. I have not had a chance, or need to pull with ours yet (it's winter and in storage), but I have weighed everything, and I know that when my wife and I are in the truck, we will be under the payload of the truck, but it will be close. When my mom is with us, there's a possibility that we're over. She's with us, once a year, so I'm not worried about it.

One nice thing that I've found with our 5er is that the rear storage pull out tray allows me to put ALL the weight back there, behind the rear axle. That helps to unload the pin weight. Loaded, we are 14.5K, and our pin weight is 20% which puts it at 2900lbs. If you load this 5er with the heavy stuff in the back, you can easily keep that pin weight at the 20%.

If you're considering an SRW version, one thing that would be helpful for you would be to see if you could find a 2020 AT4 and look at the door sticker, to see what the "real" payload is, and then go from there. Our truck is 443 lbs less than the GM published number.

If you haven't seen it, go to this thread:

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=79912