View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 04:19 AM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Final update on Black Tank replacement

Sorry to keep beating you with this topic, but this is the final update on this mess.
I put some tape over the Cracked toilet flange, and a wrap of 3 paper towels and a rubber band to hold it for the drippage when used.
This is what I found after the campout was over and back at home, I removed the toilet and the 8 screws that secure the flange to the floor it poped up on one side of the flange, so when the plumbing was installed, it was not a plumb fit to the floor, half of the flange was touching the finished floor and the other half was 3/16 of a inch above the floor, so when the flange was tightened it would cause pressure on the other side and cracked the flange all the way up to the rubber seal and then would leak.
I'm lucky that the twisting that was being applied did not crack the fitting that was put on the new tank, The way I solved the problem with the gap in the flange to the floor was to install flat washers under the flange to the floor this way the flange cant be twisted and break like the last two that were installed by Mike Thompson RV Service Shop.
The new tiolet seal was thick enugh to take up the washers it just compressed the seal a little more on one side. after filling up the bowl to the top and having my DW flush it while I was watching in the basement all was good at last..
I hope that you guys never have to go through this, a Factory job of 5 to 8 hours work turned into a 2 month of errors and mistakes on the part of my factory recomended dealer.
All is well Now time to go camping again with out any problems..
What a mess finally over.

Don