View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
I thought the same thing when we first got our unit. I learned a few things in trying to resolve an issue that wasn't one. I learned you can't expect the same kind of air flow you get in your house. I know in my 5'er I have 6 vents to heat about 300 square feet. Don't think you will find near that many vents in a 15'X20' room. If you get too much air flow out of these 6 vents it will make the unit feel "drafty" instead of warm. The main run in my living room has three floor vents in the pan duct. There is a deflector inside the pan duct right by the first vent. (stand on your head with a flash light and mirror to see it.) It was explained to me by the service manager that this is to prevent all the air in that duct run from exiting the system at the first register leaving no air flow to the other 2. Kind of makes sense. His final question led me to believe the system is working correctly. "Is the unit warm and does the furnace seem to cycle normal?" My answer is yes so I quit worrying about it. Hope this helps. Jim