View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 06:13 AM   #71
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
I have my gripes, none of which are head bangin' doors since our HC predates that 'wonderful' feature. I also sincerely doubt that there is much Keystone engineering going into designing and building these RVs. A decent draftsman/designer comes up with the box while Lippert desigms the frame and running gear to a spec. The internal components are supplied by 3rd party vendors and screwed into place. I also doubt that many 'mature' women**' have a say in how the components are placed.

My gripes - kinda:
- LED ceiling lights with no individual shut off switch (changed out)
- An enclosed fire hazard - a halogen bulb over the stove that would get to almost 400*F (changed to an LED)
- A fridge with insufficiant condender cooling
- No stair handrail (it now has one)
- A bed riser that my DW needed a step stool to get on (cut down 5")
- Emergency exit windows witout a real breakaway hinge
- Steps to the bedroom that were 1 and 2 inch height difference
- Exposed stairwell thermostat that I kept yanking the cover off with a sleeve (fixed with a frame around it, leaving air space)
- Frameless windows that only open 3-4" without trimming the slider spacer (most have been fixed)
- Semi shag mediocre grade carpet rather then an easy care berber or short nap.
- Recliners that wouldn't stay reclined without an effort - (removed/replaced)
- Air mattress hideabed garbage (removed/sold replaced)
- No coat hooks (added several)
- No towel bars (added)
- Toilet seat we almost fell through (changed)
- Non adjustable heat vents (Changed)

Then there was that multitude of electric, water and drain holes - plugged after a rodent invasion.

These are not all Keystone but most of which is epidemic of the low/mid end RV industry. Yes, to fix some of them would be a few bucks, but of course those bucks would be added to the bottom line of the MSRP. Since many RV buyers want to purchase at the lowest price, and manufacturers sell whatever they assemble, why should they spend the extra bucks. If a buyer wont spend a few more bucks for better quality/design, why would a manufacturer fix the glitches we have perceived.

You buy what fits your budget and lifestyle then you do your mods. Heck, most of them I enjoy doing in a CG rather then sitting, contemplating my belly button

** mature women = NOT millenials
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote