View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 06:03 AM   #14
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
I use a pair of the paddle type in the middle and 2 pair of the velcro type above and below the paddles. I keep the awning supports on the trailer and use screw in (dog stakes from the pet store)with ratchet type straps on each end of the awning. We usually hang wind chimes or kites on the arms to keep from walking into them. Barb doesn't have a problem but my 6'4" can usually find low hanging objects. PS, I use foam water noodles on the bedroom slide also.

The Oregon coast can really blow at times and we watch the weather to store the awning if it looks like it could get bad. I have been outside at 2 am in my pj's locking everything down in a driving rain and it is not fun. So I usually batten down the hatches before I go to bed. Sleep much better without the flapping and banging. Although, last month I locked everything down and the wind came up in the night and a tap tap noise woke me but I decided to let it go till morning. Only thing I could find in the am was about 6" of the awning strap had been fluttering and the loop had left black marks on the side of the trailer. Now I tuck it up under the awning. It must slap the side going down the highway also. Will see if I can shorten it about 4".
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote