View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 11:37 AM   #23
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I don't mind either way but openness of this forum is a definite plus as stated previously. Another thing to look at is the work required by Admin to track new members and other housekeeping. This requirement will add to the membership numbers but will give a false number of participants. If You join, find out it's not for You, leave and never return, the software treats You as a member, holds Your username, counts You in the number of members and awaits Your return.
If You never come back then You are a member for how long? Will You be deleted after a certain amount of inactivity? What about active members that are not available to post for a while (like Rob Cooley?). There are many things to consider with this change and is this a good thing or just another thing.
Maybe putting a few topics such as where are You now and other threads that may contain personal info in a members area but keep most of it open to the general admission?

I would never had guessed that my simple question would have snowballed into such a heated debate.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote