View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 07:24 AM   #22
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:I realize that a lot of people lurk out there but if you NEVER have anything to say ever, then what is the point about being here? You can't pop in once a month and say thank you for something that was asked and answered that you wanted? That's just common curtesy....
I browse (if to your way of thinking I'm "lurking" than so be it) the various boards to learn from other's experience. I garner much knowledge by just "browsing" the boards. Just as so many rvers have learned about RVing and Montanas by "browsing" the MOC.
Consider, If everyone of these so called "lurkers" logged in and to merely say "thank you!" for learning something new at "IMPROVEMENTS" or picked up a new recipe at "WHAT'S COOKING?" the MOC data base would be more overwhelmed than if they just "lurked" and moved on with knowledge gained.
Think about this, Registering with your with your E-mail Address: ----------Password: --------User Name: --------Real Name: ---------Location: ----------Age: -------Marital Status: -------Gender: -----Occupation: -------Etc. -------- and than maintaining this information will add much more new information to the database than just lurking and moving on.

Remember, from sreigle with over 5700 posts to the newbie with just 1 post, at one time we were all "lurkers". Allowing these so called lurkers to browse through this great forum without Registering is how this forum got it's start and is the reason it is where it is today. I would suggest that a great number of the present MOC regulars would NOT be members today had they been forced to Register first.

I should note that I am, as always, just voiceing my opinion and ultimately it is the MOC Administrators that make the final decisions.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote