View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
can`t make this stuff up

Went camping locally last weekend in temps at 9 to 15 degrees. Water tank didn`t freeze but gray and black did kitchen gray did not. Pulled switch panel to check amperage draw of each heat pad while on. Fresh water was running 9 amps so it has 2 heating pads and works to keep it from freezing, but the drain hose was frozen so a hair drier was used to thaw it out to drain the fresh just before we left. The black was at 4 amps but would not drain so it was frozen it needs at least 2 heat pads and a heat tape on the 3 inch drain pipe. Gray water tank was at 3.4 amps so it has just 1 heat pad too and just a trickle came out even though I had at least 40 gals. of shower water in it. Kitchen tank drained as normal and has no heat pad on it (go figure) but the furnace duct runs right by it and the furnace was used ALL weekend so it probably kept it from freezing.
They boast O degree camping which is bull. They don`t put enough heat pads on the tanks to keep them from freezing. I`m sure it because the inverter would be over loaded with the lights and appliances running, the furnace draws a bunch of amps alone.
The only way to tell if your pads are operating is to check and see if their drawing any power. They have thermostats on them but if your in real cold temps they never turn off, mine didn`t the whole 3 days. I`ll bet you have a broken wire or loose connection on the fresh water tank pads. If they all are drawing amps then you need to add more and seal up the holes. The little 1 ½ heat hose they run to the under belly is a joke, but sounds good in the brochure.
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote