View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #24
Rancher Will
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11227
We are not Fulltimers but are the road, usually out of our state, for up to three weeks at a time or even more.

When I need extra cash on the road it is easy to go into any Wal-Mart store and use my American Express Card to get up to a couple hundred dollars, with no fee. I have also visited an American Express counter at other banks, hotels, etc., and gotten cash from American Express also, but Wal-Marts are convenient.

When we are away from home,I know about the time when the payment for the credit cards are due. I just phone the American Express Co and/or VISA, using the phone number on the back of the card and notify them to draw on my bank account at home. (We use only AMEX and VISA cards). There is no fee for this method also. In over 60 years I have never paid any fees or interest on any Credit Card and this has worked fine all of these years.

Of course when I am home, before payment dates, I just mail a check when I receive the Credit Cards Statements.

For many years this arrangement has been used by me and it is acceptable to both our local bank and the Credit Card Companies. Since the payment date for our monthly Credit Card Statements is always the same date each month, I know when to make the phone call (usually a couple days before the payment date on the statment).
Rancher Will is offline   Reply With Quote