View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 05:43 PM   #4
usaf_retired

M.O.C. #19507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
If this is a CCC2 Dometic thermostat the thermostat receives 12 volts from the air conditioner electronic control module up on the roof... the wire is a 4 conductor RJ45 connection on back of thermostat and up at control module

I’d try reseating connections at CCC2 and up top on roof... the other two wires in that 4 wire line are for the CANBUS data telling control module what to do..

You stated you checked the two blue wires up top that go to furnace..did you check the joining connections on those two wires at back side of furnace where the connect to wires running up to roof unit

Thanks for your info. I did get it back up and running normal. I did redo the connections at the thermostat (swapped it with the bedroom stat) before I posted here. I pulled the 2 furnace spade connectors at the ac board up top and cleaned the posts. You mentioned the RJ45 connector up top. I didn't see that. Where is it located? The thermostat blue wires behind the furnace to where it's tied into the rv wiring connections were poorly crimped. i can see bare cooper. I can't reach that far in there to properly correct it. I don't what to pull the heater out at this time. Cold weather coming. I reached back there with a probe i have to separate the wires best I could so they don't touch.
usaf_retired is offline   Reply With Quote