Thread: Rear Belly Sag
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #8
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Brad, took your advise and pulled 4 screws off on one side of the rear belly pan cover and took a look see with a flashlight and glad i did.
There are cross members running side to side (at the top of the I-beams) but they do not extend down to the same level as the bottom of the frame I-Beams. This is true from the front of the belly pan (At the Axles) all the way back to the rear where the frame I-beams terminate.
So without anything to even screw through to, and since the only supports are the mounting frame for the spare tire and the mounting frame for the rear stablizers, i am thinking about adding two aluminum angle bars (2X2) running side to side (frame I-beam to frame I-beam) between where the spare tire frame and the stablizer frame with 1/4 inch stainless steel bolts where the normal # 10 self tapping (rusted) are.
It will at least support the belly pan like the cross brackets installed by Montana are on the front belly pan.
Any other ideas guys i might use to protect the pan from straching or tearing loose due to sag and bounce??
Randy

Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote