Thread: The Cube
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 05:22 AM   #8
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
I was doing some research yesterday on the cube as well. According to their website, the change between 110 & 119 is a little slow although it is automatic. They are working on the speed. My experience with Wineguard is that sometimes it was slow as well. (I think it might have to do with the slight movement of the coach after setup.)

The website says it picks up HD on Dish only, (I called a retailer this morning and after checking, they said it picks up the 129 sat but I didn't trust their answer). They recommend the 311 receiver which is not an HD receiver. They also said it did not currently support HD on Direct, but that was in the works...

I would be interested in knowing for sure if it picks up the 129s sat.
On edit, that's correct...you can only watch on one sat at a time. If you use 2 receivers they can only pickup one sat unlike your home systems. YOu can watch 2 different channels but they must come from the same sat.
Brad, you're right you need an HD receiver but some older dishes can't pickup the HD sat. That's why I was interested if the cube picks up the 129 sat where most of Dish's HD is sent....
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote