View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
DEFLATED BED NOT GOOD FOR GUESTS

We really do like our air-bed sofa and do use it on a regular basis. It is so much more comfortable than the hide-a-bed sofas they used to put in our rigs. But on our last trip, when we had mom and one her friends with us, the original air mattress would not longer hold air overnight. We have always been careful when folding the mattress back up and storing it while attached to the bed, but by the morning it would be about 1/4 -1/2 deflated. We searched and searched, but could not find any leaks anywhere. The only other thing that we could figure was perhaps it was a defective valve in the built-in pump portion of the mattress.

So I called Flair Interiors at (574) 534-2163 and after talking with customer service was directed to the area of their website where I could order a replacement ($100 for the Queen Mattress and $27 and change for shipping). It arrived Monday and so far so good.

We had what was considered to be the "old style" mattress which had a fabric top and black vinyl on the sides and bottom. This new one is all a tan color and the same material is used for the entire mattress.

While I thought the original was constructed well and had held up good, the seams on this new one appear to be much better and the overall material seems a bit heavier duty. Another thing I like about the new one is it's a direct replacement for the original which can either be left attached to the sofa or it also has a storage bag the mattress can be stored in. Also, not only did it come with the built in 110v pump it also has a battery powered pump (4 "D" cells, not included) to pump up the mattress if you don't have shore power.

I suppose time will tell how well this new design holds up.

Jack