Thread: Adding Airbags
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 08:17 AM   #25
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
I'll go against the grain and say yes they will increase your payload, just not legally speaking. Remember on most 3/4 tons the only difference between it and a SRW one ton is one (evidently magical) leaf. That's it nothing else except the sticker on your door. So the airbag is nothing but a different type of spring which can actually support more weight then the one extra spring. NOTE TO WEIGHT POLICE...notice I am being very clear that this does not legally increase your payload, jut physically.
As for a smother ride, when I had them on my 05 F250 I found that they did help on dips and bridges but offered no improvement else ware. I find it hard to comprehend how stiffening your suspension can offer a smother ride unless you are constantly bottoming out. Most all who have posted after installing air bags report a smoother ride, with many claiming smoother even when empty. Go figure! Perhaps my butts just numb from to many years driving semi's
This statement is so true. Some guys don't get it. . Oh it's the yellow sticker they holler. Don't go over that or the police will put you in the pokey. They make camping so much fun
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote