View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #24
BuckandTeresa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24683
E-Bikes

We recently bought E-Bikes. My wife has been a road-biker for years, but I was never interested. We usually ride on the Air Force Academy, same track as the Olympic bicycle team, and brother, it can be tough, especially when the wind is blowing. My wife tried an E-Bike and then surprised me with one. I LOVE it!! You have to pedal, it won't push you like a moped, it just helps you at whatever level you need (select OFF, ECO, NORM, or HIGH). You can select gears like a normal road bike. Battery is good for 50 miles or so, depending on how much help you ask for. Now, I have not found a hill I cannot power up with the right gear and a little E-help. We put them on a bike rack at the back of our 37 footer when we travel. The great thing about an E-Bike is you can set the level of your workout no matter how steep the hills, just like if you were on an elliptical. They are heavy compared to a regular road bike, about 45-50 lbs, but you really don't notice it. Fairly pricey, but so worth it for this 64 year old who wants to get back in shape.
BuckandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote