View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 06:45 AM   #11
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by patodonn

The reason that this tidbit of info isn't in the Owner's Manual is that it is a "generic" Manual. Our rig, for example, doesn't have the valve handle between the wheels. Lots of other differences in location of things and, in some cases, how to operate them, exist between models.

Most of the individual system operating info is contained in the various Manuals you get with your rig...Furnace, Refrigerator, slides, awnings, etc.

Keystone should have different Manuals for different Models, but they don't...nor, from what I can find out, do other Mfg's. Too much effort for a limited production, relative to, for example, autos. No electrical diagrams or plumbing diagrams by Model, no detailed info on lots of things. Not good, but that is the away it is..
My post was an attempt at sarcasm...our manual, like all other RV manuals, is sorry at best, way too generic. We would not think of accepting a manual that poorly written for a $60k vehicle, but RV manufacturers continue get away with publishing junk. My 07 3400 has a manual published over two years ago. There was a long thread on this subject in the "Hey Keystone, What I'd Like To Say If..." section a while back. They are not listening or ignoring us. Some poor guy who had never had an RV before this one would be totally, 100% lost with this manual. Half the stuff in it does not apply to our rigs and half the stuff on our rigs is not in the manual. I give up.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote