View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 04:08 AM   #32
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

The thing I see absent from all of this information is!!!

Long or short bed.

This is my opinion and is again the choice is your preference for what you want.

The long bed quad cab DRW trucks are a monster, you will have to work a little harder getting in and out of some of the RV parking spots because of the length of the coupled unit. It will not fit in the average garage.

Now for the plus you can put an entire sheet of plywood in the bed an close the tailgate, you will not ever damage the trailer or truck in a tight turn getting in or out of a parking place or when having to do a “U” turn in tight quarters because you made the wrong turn a mile back. LOL

Now the short bed quad cab SRW.

You will need a slider hitch to be able to make tight turns getting in and out of RV parking places. You will have to use the slider to make tight “U” turns. You can’t put an entire sheet of plywood without loading part of it on the open tail gate. The day you forget about the interference between the trailer and truck in a tight turn you will have expensive damage to both.

Now for the plus it will fit in your garage; it is a little easier getting in and out of the RV parking spaces partially in the older parks.

I have met people in my travels that were in the process of having the turn damage repaired on their short bed but would still not change.

Then I have also met people in my travels that prefer the long bed and would not change.

My next truck will be a Quad Cab Long bed DRW because I use a truck whether or not it is towing a trailer. We have about 400 miles short of 200,000 on the Silverado and half of that is pulling the fifth wheel. Sometimes we put 3,000 miles on truck and trailer in less than a week. Then a week latter put the same 3,000 miles on both going in the other direction.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote