View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #6
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
I just finished up a trip up the Oregon coast. 101 through Oregon is ok to drive with the rv. Not alot of places to pull off and sightseeing while towing. I made 4, few days stops along the way to check things out. Hwy 199 out of Cresent City is kinda of twisty and turning, alittle narrow in some spots, but I have seen truckers on that road.

If you are going to be staying in Grants Pass, Riverpark RV Resort on the Rouge River Hwy is nice. The park is right on the Rouge River.

The road up to Crater Lake is ok. After you pass the entrance station it gets twisty. I was up there, I did see RV's, Motorhomes and Tour buses up there. My warning for Crater Lake is going first thing in the morning. When I came out of the park after noon, the cars where lined up 50+ deep to get in.

Nice park in Bend,OR. Crown Villa RV Resort, alittle pricey, but very nice, large pads to park on 72' X 23'. If staying there do not follow GPS coming in from the south on Hwy 97. It will take you down a road with a bridge over it that is too low to get under, unless you need a new Air Conditioner. Go up to Murphy Road, turn right and keep going until the T-intersection, turn right, can't miss the park.

If you would like the list of parks I stayed at along the coast, PM or e-mail me and I will send you the list.