View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 04:46 AM   #15
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I towed our 3400RL from Alaska in a Chevy 2500, no problems with power or drivetrain or brakes. I did, however, add an extra leaf spring in Alaska, added air bags in California and will be changing out tires to the 265's very soon. I really like my truck and will not change it for a few years. I considered a dually, and even owned one for a while, but geting around in it did not suit me. As a fulltimer, I have no other vehicle to use. In fact, I am renting a car right now to make trips into San Francisco to see the sights.

My take on the TV is this: I have plenty of power to tow my rig. I am over Manufacturers weights. I drive no faster than 60 with rig attached. I check tire pressures daily when towing. Had brakes checked at 35k miles and will continue to check the brakes often.

I agree that the decision is yours, BUT, you asked for advice, so this is mine. To just say the decision is yours is no advice at all. We all know that it is your decision, as it was mine.

When and IF, I upgrade my truck, it will probably be a F450 or MDT. Perhaps by that time, Chevy or GM will have a 4500 or 5500 pickup style as Ford does now.

BTW. My trailer sits perfectly level when hitched....

I only offer this information to Help you make an informed decision. I am, in no way, suggesting you follow my lead. Good luck with your purchase and HAPPY MOTORING!!!!!!!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote