View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 07:23 AM   #5
bruiser
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6319
Welcome to the MOC

We chose the 3500RL for a variety of reasons

1. The fridge is right by the door. This eliminates tracking dirt through the trailer evry time you are in and out to get something from the fridge - especially important with grandchildren.

2. We love the rear living room - feels like home. We winter camp a fair bit here in Canada and this room is so cozy to relax in and read a book or watch a movie - with the fireplace on. It also doubles as a great second bedroom which can be closed off from the rest of the trailer.

3. We were concerned about dishes etc. in the cupboards bouncing around when travelling. Previous posts on this forum confirm this. We do not have this problem with the 3500RL.

4. The only thing that we feel we had to give up was the extra kitchen counter space. Our second choice was the 3400 which had more counter space, however, the separate living room was more important to us.

These are some items which influenced our decision. Your wants, needs and preferences might be totally different than ours. Just remember that if your wife makes the final decision, it will always be the right one.

I am one of those that pulls with a 2500HD CC. Previous posts are correct. Do your homework and pull with the truck you are comfortable with. I have had no issues or problems with my truck but we are not fulltimers and don't put a lot of miles on pulling the trailer.
bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote