Thread: Belly Heaters
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 06:18 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Gordon, when you state compartment heaters are you talking about the switch/es that are on your control panel? If so, those compartment heaters are tank heaters and have nothing to do with the water system in your unit except for storage of waste water. They only heater that is going into the underbelly where your water pipes run is a single two inch duct that comes from the furnace and runs into the underbelly to provide SOME heat when the furnace is running but only when the furnace is running. Since you live in Idaho and we know it gets rather cold there just plugging in your unit will not keep your pipes from freezing. I would be winterizing your unit if I were you. You can do it the two ways- 1. The blowout method--where you connect an air compressor up the the unit and blow out any water that might be in the water lines with 40-50 lbs of air pressure. I do my unit this way but add "pink stuff" down the drains and in the toilet for keeping the gasket from drying out over the winter. 2. the regular winterizing method by pumping "pink stuff" into the lines until it comes out of the faucets(both hot and cold), shower head, toilet, the outside shower, low point drains, fresh water tank fill line, black tank flush line and the washer hookup faucet. I do not recall any compartment heaters on any of the units when touring the factory during the last Fall Rally in Goshen unless I missed something on the tour.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote