Thread: Norcold Reset
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 04:42 PM   #6
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Not sure if the problem with these recall switches is moisture. We have been in driving downpours and never had the switch operate. The switch is supposed to operate when the boiler temperature reaches a critical temperature, and then needs the reset procedure. After our cooling unit was replaced for the second time in less than six months, I installed the ARPrv protective device, which automatically shuts down the unit way before it reaches a dangerous temperature, allows it to cool down, then restarts it. The theory is, by controlling the temperature, the chances of developing crystals that cause the system to plug up is greatly reduced, and the chance of having over-pressure in the system which can contribute to having a fire, is also way less. I have also read that Mac the Fire Guy uses this device and promotes it's use. The model I installed also has an additional control that operates a separate optional fan or fans to aid in keeping the unit cool. So far, I am very pleased with this device.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote