Thread: best upgrade
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stiles watson

Today the automatic LevelUp by Lippert was installed on the rig. Amazing is all I can say. Position the truck. Lift the front of the rig to disconnect height. Disconnect the truck and drive it forward. Push the button labeled "Auto Level" and within about a minute it beeps and your done. Amazing!!!

This is the best upgrade ever. I saw a Big Sky frame at the installation site out fitted with the leveling system. Factory install would be much easier than retrofit. If I were buying a new rig, I would certainly get the Auto Leveling option if available.

Perhaps next year I will get the disc brakes. I was quoted $2800 installed. This included new 8000# axles. Being able to stop more effectively give me pause to think about it.
Leveling system is my next big upgrade. Just wish they had a dealer near Charlotte, NC.

If you are going to replace the axles, I would look at the IS System, and say good bye to leaf spring U bolt torquing. October Trailer Life had a good story on the IS and disk brakes. I think you can read it online.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote