View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 08:28 AM   #13
DCB
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22743
Workamping in DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwright View Post
We have been so very lucky with our workamping experiences. First time, just on a whim, I volunteered for a month at Ft. Stanton NM. Second time was at Steamboat Lake State Park in CO. Now, we are at Canyon Creek RV Resort near Winters CA, between Sacramento and San Francisco. Our next job start March 1 at Greenbelt National Park MD 12 miles from the White House. Each of these places was where i wanted to be or go. And, all have been good experiences.

I am so looking forward to Greenbelt. We will spend as much of our off time as possible in Washington DC,which was on my bucket list when we started full timing. There is so much to see there that we may have to become regular campers for 2 weeks after our 3 month workampers gig is over. I do not know how or why it has happened, but workamping has been very good to me.

I have had all the history at Ft. Stanton, all the beauty at Steamboat, all the amenities at Canyon Creek, and now will get to see Washington DC. Life is good!!
Your post was in 2013. I'm entertaining the notion of workamping in the DC area. How was Greenbelt? Do you know of other opportunities in the DC area?
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote