View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #16
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxDually View Post
How about if you remove the slide topper awning and hardware will you have enough room above the slide to install a wall mount Carefree Freedom awning? This way it will be a topper awning and a patio awning but you will lose about 2 ft of projection on the awning because of the slide.
So far I am looking at the Carefree Freedom wall mount manual extension model because I don't want to mount support arms or hardware to the side of my RV or run 12v power to it. The Freedom model has support legs stowed in the awning that you fold out. I will have to mount it to the slide because I want the full 8ft of projection. They also make it in a roof mount model. But I am still researching manufactures and types of awnings.
I'm not considering 12v either. Support legs are an inconvenience but required. When I think about it, a lot of work to shade just 1 window. The night/day blinds do a good job when down but would like the light, just not the added heat. I want to keep the topper as well. You are farther along than I so I'll be curious to see what you finally decide and install
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote