View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 02:06 AM   #14
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

Just remember that dealer has to pay for the parts to sit on his shelf so he has what you need when you need them. (I know not this part as the OP said the dealer would have to order it but they stock many other parts.) He also has to pay for the lot, showroom, heating and cooling, and all other maintenance on the property. To the best of my knowledge Lippert does not have such a public point of presence. If it is so easy to make money in this business you would see a dealership on every corner. I don't begrudge anybody making money. It is up to me the consumer to figure what is a fair amount.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JandC

Good information to file away, sounds like Lippert responds very well to customers. Of course that is just like an RV dealer to jack up the price of a part 60-70% plus make money off their labor.
I understand and agree with everything you said. Except in the original post it didn't sound like his dealer had these control panels sitting on the shelf as stock and was instead ordering the exact part with a 2 week wait. The mark-up sounded pretty extreme to me.