View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #13
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Yes, I'm using a 1000.2. I dumped the portable antenna for a few reasons. One, is the farther north you go the more atmosphere you go through so it is more affected by rain or dew. I kept loosing HD signal. The other was I was tired of only having one channel at a time, limitation of the portable antenna (tailgater) and the vip211.

The meter really makes point the dish easy after a little bit of practice. A few tips: You set the elevation and skew on a bench before mounting it on the tripod. I use http://www.dishpointer.com/. Select your location, select Multi LNB and you will get the exact elevation and skew. I don't bother much with the azimuth as the meter does the fine tuning.

Another tip for Dish setup that is critical. Spend time making sure the tripod is perfectly plumb. I use a torpedo level, checking 3 vertical points, then horizontal prior to attaching the dish. Doing so makes hitting the satellite a piece of cake.

I rented the Joey as part of my home account, but take it with me in the RV. You should be able to purchase it too if you wish.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote