View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #18
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Yup, my sensors are unreliable, too. But they work most of the time, other times they are screwy. I dump every 2-4 days no matter what. DW likes long showers (I love her long hair, but she says she must wash it every day) and we'll wash dishes with a full sink, but the rinsing can be lots of water.

When I dump the black tank I always run the backflush sprayer that hopefully keeps the sensors cleaner than not. I can only imagine that if the black tank is full then something is gonna want to hang on to the sensors as it's dumped. When leaving the campground I backflush several times by using the backflush sprayer and close the black valve to refill and release junk from way up high in the tank. I do this several times. Then I fill with deodorizer/degunker and a couple gallons of water then on the drive home hopefully this sloshes enough to get the sides.

If you follow whatever flush procedures that work for you, then you don't have to rely on the sensors much. Beats camping and having to dig a hole or two.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote