View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Something no one has mentioned is noise and quiet hours -- first the noise -- you want to be a good neighbor and most diesel or gas generators I've seen are too noisy for most campgrounds (not speaking of race tracks -- I've only been to one and I swear I never heard anything over the engine roar anyway so.... .

That all said, I have two honda EU2000i generators that I can run in parallel or single depending on time of year and need. Very quiet and portable. We have a tail-gate neighbor who has an Onan 5.5KW I believe -- may be the next one larger -- regardless, his unit drinks propane like it is water on cooler / cold Kansas nights but it is quiet as my 2 running together. However, he mentioned that he has been to campgrounds where he has to shut the thing off at 10 PM because of quiet hours, even as quiet as it is. We've never run into that but other than tailgating we are pretty much full hookup types of people when traveling. Haven't gotten to use the trailer much outside of football games and trips home for medical / extended family emergencies so my experience is limited in that manner.

Hope this helps though.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote