View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #23
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Well here is my 4 plus hours wheel balancing adventure today..

The dealer I bought my G614's from did balance them using the cones as in Hug centered. Today I called the largest dealer in town and was told they could do them. Hauled the trailer down and after telling the idiot worker he could not use the floor jack 2 ft in from the spring hangers to lift my trailer he went and got 4 bottle jacks and stands. Pulled all 4 wheels and after much time and discussion found they did not have the proper equipment to balance using the lugs, or simply did not know how to use the equipment they did have, who knows.

After almost 3 hrs the wheels were all back on the trailer, not balanced and no further ahead. Called the next big dealer and I was told they had just spent $3,000.00 on special equipment to do these kind of wheels.

Arrive at other dealer, off come the wheels again, fellow with the "experience" with the new equipment could not get the wheels to settle and each time he hit the wheel to put a weight on things changed. Not impressed and after another 1.5 hrs wheels are back on the trailer and I feel there has been no improvement.

Has anyone witnessed someone actually balancing their trailer wheels with one of these Lug Centric devices.

Since I have never knowingly had a trailer wheel balanced before should I even be worrying about it on the Montana. How many out there have had their trailer wheels balanced, was it done using the Lug method.

For me there will be no more money spent on balancing my trailer wheels, unless I witness someone who actually knows how to do it and can demonstrate that to me.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote