Thread: HELP -URGENT
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 03:51 PM   #11
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Hey Rick sorry you are having problems just when the weather is getting colder up there. I just came back from Creston 3 weeks ago and will likely be heading up at Christmas sometime, if I get a chance I will run out and say hello.

You certainly have some kind of problem with your "converter", either it is toast, has tripped the 110V breaker that powers it or it may have blown the reverse polarity fuses. If it was working it would make no difference if the battery were not taking a charge it would still run the 12V system, (lights, furnace and fridge).

You can certainly connect a charger to your new battery which will keep up with the draw on the 12V systems until you can sort out the issue with the converter. Don't know where yours is located but mine is combined with the circuit breakers for all the 110V as well as the 12V fuses for that part of the system. Where is your 110V breaker box located, it very well may be combined in the one compartment as many are.

If it were me I would do as I suggest and run a charger to your battery for the time being, that will get you by until you are fed up with Pizza and Beer and can afford to replace the converter if needed.

Merry Christmas anyway, will try to visit when I am up next.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote