View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
OKKKK, curiosity got me, SOOOOOOO, I checked TWO campgrounds out of what over 500 in the RGV, the one we stay at, and one that we stayed in a previous year.

The one we are booked into right now for this upcoming Winter session, says no campsites available from January 8, 2008 to March 9, 2008. The parameters I put in would apply to many of us MOC members.

The other one, wanted a $650.00 deposit, so, I decided I better back out of that hunt, but one of the first pages that came up said 3 or 4 month minimum reservations and a lot of other blah blah blah, that I did not really take the time to read!

It is this site availability to which I have alluded in my 2 previous posts here.

TO REPEAT: THERE ARE MOST LIKELY SITES AVAILABLE in other campgrounds. But, also based on Texas MOC members that have tried to book in during the 3rd week of February in the last couple of years so that they could attend our luncheons, several of them had to go down their list of preferred campgrounds and check with a number of different campgrounds to get lodging.

Come on down to the RGV, and depending on your individual sense of adventure, call or not, reservation or not, you will still enjoy the Valley. Hope to see ya all at Pepe's on the River right soon!!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote