View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 09:44 PM   #33
SteveandTerri
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22227
The latest: my email to Keystone

I called Keystone 3 weeks ago and they set up a Warranty Ticket Reference Number. The warranty service appointment at the local Camping World is in 6 weeks. After receiving the Warranty Ticket Reference Number from Keystone, I sent them the email copied below. (they didn't respond to it...)

"I've noted that the Slide Motor Leakage issue is widespread. The Montana Owner's Group Forum has numerous postings where people have reported a variety of corrective warranty work. In many cases, owners have reported that drip trays are installed below the leaking gear boxes and that patches are being glued over the bubbled roof membrane. That fix is unacceptable. The oil will ultimately leak out of the gear boxes and the boxes will fail due to running without lubricant. The gear boxes need to be leak tight. I'm a Licensed Mechanical Engineer with years of experience in working with gear boxes of this sort: a drip tray is not a reasonable corrective action.

For my Montana, I want the leaking gear boxes replaced and I want the roof of my slides completely replaced - not just patched.

I light of the above, please advise your concurrance that the gear boxes and slider roofs will be replaced.

Thank You,

Stephen Miller, PE"
SteveandTerri is offline   Reply With Quote