View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 02:32 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
In 2003 they said I was diabetic and the GTT came back with 6.2 with a glucose of138. Now that is really boarder line, but it does indicate something is wrong. I also lost weight, 80 pounds, (Put 50 back on) and loosing that weight,l along with exercise put all my levels back to the normal range. I also did the push-away method.

We go out to eat every Friday night, and typically for Mexican food. I would order my full plate of food, eat it, and then help DW finish her plate. Sound familiar. When the told me I had diabetes we still went out on Friday, but I immediately asked for a to-go-box and put half of my food in there before I started to eat. At that crucial time in my life I learned to eat to live instead of living to eat. My entire body felt better because of the exercise and lose of weight.

I have bad knees also, and the reduction of weight helped them because for every 1 pound of weight one has above the knees, there is 3 pounds of pressure on the knees. I was 270 pounds and went to 190 pounds. At 270 pounds people would ask me to hold out my arms when I was moving to see if I was rolling or waddling!!!

Bill, (BB_TX) thanks for this post. It is very educational and maybe, just maybe, someone is lurking on here, read it, and said, "I can do that." You just may have saved a life, besides your own.

Thanks.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote