View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 03:22 PM   #10
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
I have a closet next to the bed on the left side. That is where the first leak was found in the back left corner. Then the right corner at the back next to the bed leaked. The last 6" rain over three days with some wind found a small amount of moisture in the closet corner and more on corner on right side of bed. Sprayed water on the 4" inch piece for 30 minutes and no moisture inside the slide. I did finally see what appeared to be a small crack in dicor and tape on top outside corner of slide. Also spraying water on bottom corner behind the 4" strip on side with window found moisture inside to the right of bed in the corner. Applied proflex to the bottom corner. The slide appears to be sealing correctly on all sides. Camper going to dealer tomorrow with pictures and list of things to check. Also instructions on how to fix bedframe and attach to slide wall as others on several forums have suggested. The probable rotten floor where it is attached to walls convinced me to let the dealership work on it. I have been talking to shop foreman who has been with the dealership since inception so have some faith in him. I think this slide was a problem from the factory! I am going to mention the seals so thanks for that comment. I will report what happens. Thanks for your help!

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
navybanker is offline   Reply With Quote