Thread: Broken Frames
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 10:55 AM   #8
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
In the 'old days' early 2000s, frame flex was just that. The 10 inch frame where it went up at the front would have welds break. Then never used any kind of angled bracing (forget what you call it). I had this happen in 2012. Apparently kind of new, as the dealer near Seattle said they 'never heard of it'!!!! I limped home to Mesa with fingers crossed and my dealer took the front end off and welded it and added gussets (just remembered their name!).

Then on my 2013 model after several years the back end started detaching (slid back about 2 inches). Dealer put in bigger screws and pushed it back together. About 2 years later same thing. I took off the side panels to see the screws and the holes in the aluminum studs holes were stripped out. Put in screws near by. Another year or 2 and same thing - holes were completely covering the end of the studs! Dealer took sides off and found all 3 short studs along the side were broken off, so fixed those and put in a new rear stud so screws could hold.

Both these things happened a couple of years after going to Alaska - maybe that is a hint.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote