View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 07:56 AM   #3
dke1955
Established Member

M.O.C. #20643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie-Dokie View Post
DW wants to visit the NE next summer/fall for the colors but we have questions about the roads and the ability to get around up there. We have a 2011 Montana 3400RL pulled by a 2014 Ford Super Duty 250. We have not had any problem with hills such as the Rockies but did have a bad experience once in Vermont with a smaller trailer and a covered bridge. GyPSy sent us on a shorter, backer road and we lost 4 feet of the edge of the roof. So we are gun shy about the NE and their quaint country settings. Can we get around ok with the trailer and see sights with just the truck?
I don't believe you would have any issues, especially if you were to drop the RV and site see with your truck. Born in upstate New York and been thru all the surrounding areas many many times. It is stunning if you catch the turning of the leaves just right. Fall is my favorite time of the year for that area, it truly is beautiful. My only word of caution would be traveling Maine coast, Cape Cod and similar vacation areas during peak times of the year. Planning is the key, and planning is half the fun in my book.
dke1955 is offline   Reply With Quote