View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:20 AM   #9
mjammersc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17609
I was wondering if the slide would seal right if not fully extended - thanks for clarifying.

On our 3160RL, the non door side slide, carpet really, covers about 1/2 of the two vents in the main area. The bedroom one is exposed. I tried the heater yesterday with the slides in before I stored it and the heat on the one I could get to was too hot to put my hand on it and was making the carpet pretty warm and pliable in a couple minutes time which makes me nervous about leaving them partially covered Maybe a vent deflector ( or some quick homemade variant) would work to make it blow out from under the carpet. So if I want to runt he heater, it sounds like my options are to either do the deflectors or the one slide fully extended. I am not worried about the furnace motor or propane use as my battery bank and solar is more than sufficient to keep up with it (did it that way most of this past week on my trip and the amount it would run being set that low is minimal (a few gallons of propane).

The other option is to roll the dice on if it could cold soak it enough to freeze anything in the 3-5 hours it is in the 29-32 degree temp range (assuming the weather station is accurate). Daytime temps are expected in the mid 50s and sunny the next two days (cloudy today). Based upon peoples experience is that a low probability of an issue? I'd prefer, my DW really as she will have to do much of the running to the storage site, would be to let it go assuming it wouldn't have a chance to cold soak enough. If I would have had time and the necessary items on hand Sunday when I got back in town, I would have blown the air lines out and felt much better but schedule and such didn't allow.

mjammersc is offline   Reply With Quote