View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #18
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

I am trying to remember when the change occurred but there was a change from gen-set ready to gen-set prepped that were two totally different things. Gen-set ready (I think that is the designation Montana used) meant that the entire system, switch, transfer switch, and all wiring were installed and all that needed added was the genny. Later years were gen-set prepped which only provided the control wiring that was needed for the installation. All other items had to be purchased separately. If there is a control wire (thin) from the front of the rig to the battery compartment, then most-likely there was not a transfer switch installed. I think that this change occurred in the 2008-9 timeframe. Our 2007 model had the transfer switch mounted on the back wall of the battery compartment.
Bingo

Back wall of the battery compartment as said is where mine is. At the time my friend had the 2009 3400RL , and I told him about it, but he didn't have a generator, nor the prep

Did they change the location of the transfer switch to somewhere else other then the battery compartment ?
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote