View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 12:58 PM   #7
ronenz
Established Member

M.O.C. #18831
I wanted to make the bed room more than just a place to sleep. I installed our articulating "head and foot" tempurpedic frame and mattress in queen size so that the bed could become a comfortable couch for watching the TV installed on the wardrobe. I was able to repurpose our hot tub stair unit so the bed height issue was mitigated somewhat and it gave us a clothes hamper as well. I did find that I have to raise the front of the bed before I bring in the slides or it impacts the wardrobe. Very comfortable compared to the King size 7 inch foam mattress that came with the unit and by replacing it with our Queen we were able to locate our CPAP machines on each side of the mattress on top of the storage housing. I did loose the ability to raise up the end of the bed to get into the under bed storage area however I can still access that space from the outside slide door. You want to talk about fun wrestling that mattress into the bedroom, I was grateful for the 2nd entrance. The added weight will need to be accounted for when I check our numbers against the weight scale but I think we will be okay. The slide that the bed attaches to is hydraulic and had been engineered to have under the bed storage so I think I am good there as well. I very much enjoy reading how you folks have addressed issues so I thought I would share.