View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Ren
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10954
Changing Filters

I just did my oil change with filter, Air filter change, and both fuel filters. I did all this myself, and what and education!

With only a shade over 9000 miles on the Air and Fuel filters, I COULD NOT beleive the amount of crap in both. I dont know the correct recomendation for the air filter but It was surprisingly dirty, way more dirty than I thought It should be for only 9000 miles, and thats with only highway/freeway driving as well. I did go down one dirt road for just a few miles a few months ago, but the amount of black and bugs on the filter was pretty awakining.

Now on to the fuel filters. Quite surprisingly the bowl assembly on the filter by the fuel tank actually had more sediment in the bottom of it than I thought there should be with the amount of miles that is on it. Not only some sediment but also two larger peices that were the size of the end of a lead tip pencil. And,,, gasp... some bug parts, I could not beleive my eyes!

I wouldnt be shocked if I had 15 or 20 thousand miles on the filters, but this is only after 9 thousand miles. Im glad to know the filters are doing their job!

Anyways, the moral of the story is... dont take it for granted that they are not ready to be changed yet. Go and change your filters!

Have a good weekend!
Ren