View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Duallys provide more stability with a load, have a higher GVWR (can carry and tow more), but take getting some used to, but probably no more than when you had to get used to driving your first truck or van after driving a passenger car for a while. In getting used to them I have seen a fair amount of the rear fenders getting some damage, for weight reasons they are made of fibreglass and can get crunched up pretty good. So to solve that, just don't hit anything.

For me, I am lazy and like to take my car to the carwash, but since I have been washing my vehicles myself lately since I retired, that's not so much of a concern anymore. I also wanted to have an easier time parking (duallies take up more room).

Since trailers aren't getting any smaller my next truck will be a dually. I have had too many problems having to watch my gross weight that a dually will probably get rid of that problem, too. If I only upgraded to a 1 ton SRW, I know I'd surpass that and kick myself for not getting a dually in the first place. A dually gives you so many more cargo options and maintains stability over SRW.

Have fun with your selection. Let us know how you do.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote