Thread: First long Trip
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
First long Trip

WE made it! We left Grants Pass Or, 4:15 p.m. I was a bit nervous for about 100 miles then, the truck and the towhaul and exhast break worked so well and the montie towed so easy. I started enjoying myself. We met up will our Transport driver, with my 1940 ford coupe on his goose neck trailer. We traveled to Eugene, Or and stayed in his sisters yard that night the 29 of June. We got up a 3 a.m. and hit the road at 3:45 a.m. He wanted to make it through Portland Or. before the commuter traffic got started. We then stopped at the woodland Washington area for a bite to eat. We made it to our destination at Lost Lake RV Resort at 9:30. We had to unload my Streetrod and then, we had to wait until more rock and a roller leveled our site. finally about 2:30 p.m. we finished setting up. My wife starts her duties at 10:00 a.m. On Monday the 2nd Of July and I start my in grounds keeping and Maintainace at 8:00 a.m. We didn't have any trouble with our new 07 Dodge 3500 or the 07 Montana. Loving life and looking forward to many more, travels with little or no troubles. later all Randye
randye is offline   Reply With Quote