View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #16
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Chuck and Carol-

Let's leash the kids and let the dogs run free!....LOL. Just kidding!

You are so right in what you said about the kids only learn what the adults teach them. In some cases they are taught nothing.

I feel that when you encounter children running through your camp site, it is ok to say "hey, there little buddy would you mind walking around this way." If the adults don't take the time the children won't know that they are a bother.

I work with young children, have for 19 years....and love every second of it!

When we encounter little intruders in our camp site, and before my husband gets to the boiling point. I just politely show the
child(ren) the boundaries. Children will usually be very respectful and obey. The older ones will listen but probably mumble under their breaths as they walk by, BUT the will respect what you have asked.

Adults, now that is a whole other topic!

Intruding dogs...I just say in a firm voice "you go home" they usually leave. I got to admit the big dogs I'm afraid of...I run and get hubby.

Cats...really haven't encountered that problem. But still feel the same, in a public campground they should be on a leash.

You know what's sad about this whole thing, is by every post on here, We all take responsibilities of our pets, either by knowing that you don't want an animal and deciding not to have them. We leash our dogs and pick up their poop. Cats stay in our trailers. Birds in their cages..etc..

It's those few that ruin it for the rest of us.

I really encourage everyone not to tolerate when you encounter a rude pet owner. I feel we need to speak up, naturally respectfully and in a nice manner before it gets to lines of frustration. Communication is the best way to solve problems.
"Use your words" Gee do I feel like I'm at work....sorry!

PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote