View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Friday's the day UPDATE

Well, friday is the day of my "final" surgery. Been waiting a few months for this to happen....been 2 years, 11 months since initial injury. Scrambling this week to get mods done,etc before the surgery. Trying not to get my hopes up...the trial period went o.k., so this permanent implant *should* do well. Historically, a high percentage of them lose effectiveness after about six months tho'....but I gotta do something, so we'll give it a shot. Under anethesia for the implanting and suturing it to my spine, then "twilight" anethesia for the coding. Modern medicine, eh? Wish me luck.
Bill
*Update*
Well, the surgery didn't go as expected, but not terrible I guess. The actual procedure was supposed to take a little over an hour...took over four hours. Supposed to be one implant, instead they did two. We won't know the full effectiveness for 4-6 weeks, so I'll have to be patient. Right now, I feel like someone took a baseball bat to my back....but hey, I actually have a remote control for my body, and isn't that every guy's dream ?
So, if you're at the GL rally and for no apparent reason your lights go on and your television gets fuzzy, look out the window..it's probably just me walking down the road.
Bill

Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote