View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 07:35 PM   #9
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Lippert has (or did have) a very similar equalizer aftermarket product to the Road Armor rubber cushioned equalizer called Equa/Flex. It had a competitor of similar design called EZ Flex by Dexter which Road Armor is putting down in it's current video. I put the Equa/Flex on my 2005 Montana because it had plain steel equalizers ... there was a noticeable difference in how the fiver took bumps in the road. Then MorRyde came out with the LRE suspension and the replaceable rubber shear springs standard on early 20teen Montana's. It worked pretty well on my 2011 Montana, but the shear springs failed on me the second year of ownership. Also, since the center mount for the shear springs stuck down so far, it created the need for Lippert to push installing the XFactor cross beam because of the twisting effect the longer mount created on the frame's IBeams during tight turns. Soooooooooo now we have another version of a equalizer invention in the Road Armor. I wonder what will be the next flavor of suspension upgrade? There ya have suspension 101 ... class dismissed.
Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge in this area. It looks like Keystone has more work to do to get it right.
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote